Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: February 2021
Performs manual and machine operator tasks in the set-up, maintenance and operation of a printing press.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reads instructions from job jacket and sets up or directs set-up of press based on instructions.
- Makes job ready by running samples to adjust print quality, registration, color settings and mixings.
- Makes final pre-run inspection of job and approves or confers with supervisor for approval. Responsible for quality of printed work with defined levels of authority.
- Operators or directs operation of printing press to print in accordance with job orders
- Monitors pH and conductivity of fountain solution on offset press.
- Supervises press helper or 2nd press operator multi-color presses.
- Performs preventative maintenance on press such as lubrication, replacement of small parts, cleaning and minor adjustments t rollers and other small moving parts.
- Reads Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs). Sees to proper handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals.
- Operates or assist on other press-room equipment and presses if needed and when workload permits.
- Assists in cleaning up and keeping immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
- Requires good knowledge of how to mix and produce correct color in printing.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and set-up press to carry out instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of problem-solving press.
- Thorough knowledge of press operations and functions.
- Good understand of prepress functions.
- Vocational/technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Consistent attendance at the work place is required.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience – pay range $12.02/hr. – $20.00/hr.
- Benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401(k), paid holidays, and paid vacation time.