Shift: 1st and 2nd
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: April 6, 2021
Processes orders for material or merchandise. Packages, verifies quantity, labeling, and addressing of products and items of merchandise ready for shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials. Assembles customer orders from stock and places order on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Prepares all skids and cartons for scheduled shipment including labeling, skid or carton preparation, shipment record keeping and transfer to carrier.
- Suggest method of shipment.
- Assembles cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
- Keeps manager informed of status and progress of work and of unusual problems.
- Records amounts of material or items distributed.
- Uses computer to assist in locating items not found on shelf.
- Counts, weighs, measures or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications and stacks and secures items in position on trucks to prevent damage during shipment.
- Inspects equipment and reports problems to supervisors who will help plan repair schedule.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from storage or work area to shipping and receiving platform.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Keeps warehouse or work area in orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be able to verbally communicate in a manner that is understandable to both managers and co-workers.
- Consistent attendance at the work place is required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Past experience with shipping and receiving operations is helpful.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401(k), paid holidays, and paid vacation time.