Here’s what you need to know to set yourself apart from the competition.
By: Laurie Hileman
Think that mobile marketing is just about optimizing your website for viewing on phones? Think again.
According to Marketo, a leading marketing automation software company, mobile marketing is a multi-channel, digital marketing strategy aimed at reaching a target audience on their smartphones, tablets, and/or other mobile devices via websites, email, social media, and apps.
And mobile is H-O-T. Here’s why it’s so important to execute a mobile marketing strategy that reaches today’s on-the-go consumers:
1. By 2020, there’ll be roughly 6.1 billion mobile users.
2. More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries, including the United States and Japan.
3. 81% of shoppers do online research before making big purchases.
4. 90% of C-suite executives use smartphones to research business purchases.
5. 61% of local searches result in a purchase.
6. 65% of consumers say that a poor online experience has a direct impact on their opinion of a brand.
7. Two-thirds of emails are read on either smartphones or tablets.
8. 91% of adults have their mobile phone within arm’s reach 24/7.
9. 53% of smartphone users feel more favorable toward companies whose mobile sites or apps provide instructional video content.
10. 81% of millennials say it’s important for retailers to have high-quality mobile apps.