Reports To: Director of Digital Production & Distribution
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: December 2018
Coordinates activities with team members concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying and issuing materials and supplies in warehouse. Also transports materials to and from specified destinations such as plants, warehouse, offices or residences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for Warehouse Clerk include the following:
- Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials.
- Reviews orders in, orders out and orders not completed with supervisor and team members.
- Prioritizes orders with emphasis on customer service, coordinates with team members to expedite workflow.
- Expedites orders for product to be used in manufacturing.
- Communicates status/problems with product, to be used in manufacturing, with Lead Warehouse Clerk or destination department.
- Examines assigned duties and work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Advises Lead Warehouse Clerk or management of care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Receives/verifies incoming shipment from outside sources via UPS, common carrier or vendors and distributes to appropriate area immediately upon receipt.
- Receives/verifies and records location of product to be warehoused from manufacturing plants, or outside sources within four hours, or immediately when necessary to fill back orders.
- Informs Lead Warehouse Clerk of anticipated delays.
- Identifies and labels incoming products that are not labeled or are incorrectly labeled, using already established guidelines.
- Records location changes and submits for entry.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
- Provides backup and support to team members with emphasis on customer service.
- Reviews need for overtime with Lead Warehouse Clerk.
- Follows established guidelines for cleanliness and safety.
- Inspects equipment and reports problems to Lead Warehouse Clerk and or management.
- Reads customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Counts, weighs, measures or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications and stacks and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Delivers and stacks merchandize on customer’s premises and obtains receipt for goods.
- Maintains inventory of packaging materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from storage or work area to shipping and receiving platform.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Keeps warehouse or work area in orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for Van Driver include the following:
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck, dolly, manual or electric pallet jack.
- Verifies load against shipping papers.
- Stacks and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Drives truck to destination applying the knowledge of commercial driving skills and regulations.
- Delivers and stacks merchandise on customer’s premises and obtains receipt for goods.
- Prepares or signs receipts for loads picked up.
- Inspects equipment and reports problems to supervisors who will help plan repair schedule.
- Maintains logbook according to State and Federal regulations.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Past experience with shipping and receiving operations helpful.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent driving record.
- Consistent attendance at the work place is required.