Reports To: Manager of Digital Production & Distribution
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: June 2019
Performs manual and machine operator tasks in the set-up, maintenance, operation and repair of the Indigo presses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reads instructions from job jackets and sets up or directs set-up of Indigo based on instructions.
- Makes job ready by running samples to match proof or original copy.
- Makes final pre-run inspection of job and approves or confers with supervisor for approval when required.
- Ensure all work is produced to highest standard on time, to expected quality and to job specifications.
- To ensure all reprints are recorded, monitored, and reported.
- Operate the press uptime to the highest level possible.
- Operates Indigo to print in accordance with job orders.
- May cross train on other equipment if asked to by management.
- Assists in cleaning up and keeping immediate work area neat and orderly.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and set-up Indigo to carry out instructions.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Indigo operations and functions.
- Must successfully complete the HP repair and maintenance course and be able to repair and maintain the Indigo presses.
- Consistent attendance at the work place is required.
- Good understanding of computer functions.
- High school diploma or GED and/or equivalent experience.