Job Code: 138
Reports To: Director of Digital Production & Distribution
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: July 2019
Processes orders for material or merchandise received by mail, telephone, or personally from customer or company employee. Verifies quantity, labeling, and addressing of products and items of merchandise ready for shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against Bills of Lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Post weights and shipping charges and affixes postage.
- Prepares all skids and cartons for scheduled shipment including labeling, skid or carton preparation, shipment record keeping and transfer to carrier.
- Suggest method of shipment.
- Assembles cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers and gathers all data and records relative to shipping activities.
- Checks inventory, then notifies stock control departments of orders that would deplete stock.
- Keeps manager informed of status and progress of work and of unusual problems.
- Receives and checks customer complaints and assists in resolving any discrepancies.
- Confers with warehouse or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Records amounts of material or items distributed.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Fills requisitions, work orders or requests for materials. Assembles customer orders from stock and places order on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Counts, weighs, measures or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications and stacks and secures items in position on trucks to prevent damage during shipment.
- Inspects equipment and reports problems to supervisors who will help plan repair schedule.
- Checks the accuracy of all shipping documents. Traces lost or delayed shipments; initiates claims for loss of damage.
- Gathers all data and records relative to shipping activities.
- Helps maintain shipping directories and guides.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey or hoist shipments from storage or work area to shipping and receiving platform.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Keeps warehouse or work area in orderly condition.
- Serves as back-up for other roles within the warehouse and shipping area (this may include driving a delivery vehicle).
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Consistent attendance at the work place is required.
- Past experience with shipping and receiving operations is helpful.
- Detail oriented.
- General computer skills required.