Shift: 2nd Shift
Reports To: Bindery/Finishing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: September 2018
Dedicated operator who sets up and operates machine to automatically fold, slit and score printed sheets into signatures for binding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Sets up and adjusts feeder, folding plates and delivery.
- Sets up folder for special processes (perforating, scoring, slitting/trimming, gluing, softening, etc.).
- Instructs others in technical and mechanical operations of equipment.
- Hand gathers single sheets and signatures for collating.
- Operates single-sheet collator and signature collator.
- Makes decisions on methods to assemble jobs.
- Loads and maintains supply of sheets/signatures.
- Files samples of production material.
- Completes production records (time sheets, job jackets, etc.)
- Does routine preventative maintenance.
- Cleans up and keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up.
- Good knowledge of folder operation and set-up practices.
- Knowledge of the operation and function of the other bindery equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to co-operate with co-workers and supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED with experience or vocational/technical degree.