Reports To: Bindery/Finishing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Effective Date: September 2018
Performs manual and machine operator tasks related to the operation of paper cutter machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Takes cutting orders and sets up cutter in accordance with instructions.
- Sets automatic programs into machines.
- Operates paper cutter to cut and trim blank stock and printed material that is to be further processed in the pressroom or Bindery.
- Performs preventative maintenance on paper cutting machinery such as blade replacement, lubrication and waxing.
- Uses lift truck to carry pallets with blank stock and printed-paper from loading area to Press area from Press area to the Bindery.
- Cleans up and keeps work area neat and orderly.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up.
- Good knowledge of cutter machine operation and set-up practices.
- Knowledge of the operation and function of the other bindery equipment and machinery.
- Good math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Knowledge of all procedures required to safely operate a guillotine-cutting machine and associated bindery equipment.
- High school diploma or GED plus experience or vocational/technical degree.